Gaylord Brewer is a professor at Middle Tennessee State University, where he founded and for more than 20 years edited the journal Poems & Plays. His most recent books are a ninth collection of poetry, Country of Ghost (Red Hen), and the cookbook-memoir The Poet's Guide to Food, Drink, & Desire (Stephen F. Austin State UP), both in 2015.
For more on Brewer, see
- His web site
- Sample poems at Cherry Grove Collections
- Selected poems at VerseDaily
- Selected poems at the Asheville Poetry Review
- Sample from Barbaric Mercies at Red Hen Press
- "Apologia to Mars and Moon" at Valparaiso Poetry Review.
- "The World Etiquette of Cool" at Smartish Pace
- His poem "Upon My Offering Her an Easter Chocolate, My Wife Screams that She Won't Let Me Make Her Fat" at The Writers' Almanac
- His poem "The Last Place on Earth" at SmartishPace
- Poems & Plays, MTSU
- His interview titled "Relinquishing the Flimsy Protection of Shelter" with Charlotte Pence for Chapter16.org
- Gaylord Brewer's Greatest Hits at GoogleBooks
- Gaylord Brewer at the InKY Reading Series (See video below)
- Meacham Video Series
- Meacham Conversations
- Past Guests
- Ken Smith Memorial
- Ken Smith Awards
- Meacham Surveys
- Site Map
Subscribe to Podcasts/Vodcasts
This site is best viewed with Internet Explorer at 1024x768 resolution or higher.
Contact Webmaster for questions/notifications of claimed infringement regarding the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Chattanooga State Community College is a Tennessee Board of Regents Institution and an EOE/AA Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is an EEO/affirmative action/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADEA/ADA institution.
This web page has links to resources which are not maintained by the MeachamWriters. The Meacham Writers' Workshop is not responsible for controlling either access to these web sites or changes to the content of these sites. These web sites were originally identified as having valuable and appropriate content related to the aims of the Meacham Writers' Workshop. Please notify the webmaster of inactive, broken, or changed links.