Richard Jackson's (UTC Faculty) twenty books include criticism, anthologies, translations, edited books and 12 books of poems, most recently Out of Place and Retrievals (both 2014) and a translation of Resonance published in Barcelona (2014). Winner of Guggenheim, Fulbright, Witter Bynner, NEA and NEH Fellowships, 5 Pushcart Prizes, The AWP George Garrett National Award, and the Order of Freedom Award from the President of Slovenia, his poems have been translated into 17 languages. He is UTNAA Distinguished Professor at UTC.
For more on Richard Jackson, see
- His personal home page
- His UTC home page
- Selected poems at VerseDaily
- "No Turn on Red" at the Marlboro Review.
- His poem "Silences" at Rattle
- His poem "Detour Ahead. Seek Alternate Route" at SmartishPace
- His poem "That's What I'm Talking About" at Cerise Press
- His poem "The Prayer" at The Writer's Almanac
- Re: Word (two poems) and five photo poems at Body
- Two letter poems from Resonance at Chapter 16
- Four poems at Superstition Review
- Five poems at the Cortland Review
- A selection of his poems at Ploughshares
- "About the Dogs of Dachau"
- "For a Long Time I Wanted to Write a Happy Poem"
- "For the Nameless Man at the Nursing Home Near the Shawsheen River"
- "James Tate: Tipster Nomad on a Planet of Rough Edges"
- "Worlds Apart"
- Bio page on UTC Tennessee Writers Project
- Papers from the Poetry Miscellany including "From Translation to Imitation"
- His essay "Translation, Adaptation and Transformation: The Poet as Translator" at Numéro Cinq
- His essay Language-driven Poetry: An Introduction to the Principle of Generating Poems at the Cortland Review. This site also contains a selection of his poems.
- Richard Jackson on East European poet Edvard Kocbek, "Welcome to Looking Over the World's Shoulder" at Poetry International Web.
- Friday, October 31, 2014
- Friday, March 28, 2014
- Friday, October 25, 2013
- Friday, March 22, 2013
- Friday, October 26, 2012
- Friday, March 30, 2012
- Friday, October 28, 2011
- Friday, March 25, 2011
- Friday, October 29, 2010
- Friday, March 26, 2010
- Wednesday, March 24, 2010
- Saturday, March 21, 2009
- Friday, October 24, 2008
- Friday, February 29, 2008
- Friday, October 26, 2007
- Friday, February 23, 2007
- Friday, October 06, 2006
- Friday, March 31, 2006
- Meacham Video Series
- Meacham Conversations
- Past Guests
- Ken Smith Memorial
- Ken Smith Awards
- Meacham Surveys
- Site Map
Subscribe to Podcasts/Vodcasts
This site is best viewed with Internet Explorer at 1024x768 resolution or higher.
Contact Webmaster for questions/notifications of claimed infringement regarding the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Chattanooga State Community College is a Tennessee Board of Regents Institution and an EOE/AA Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is an EEO/affirmative action/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADEA/ADA institution.
This web page has links to resources which are not maintained by the MeachamWriters. The Meacham Writers' Workshop is not responsible for controlling either access to these web sites or changes to the content of these sites. These web sites were originally identified as having valuable and appropriate content related to the aims of the Meacham Writers' Workshop. Please notify the webmaster of inactive, broken, or changed links.